Your about me page is important! It’s a way to connect with your visitors and give them a bit more information about you and what it is you do. It also shows them your intentions and goals for your site and what you are offering.
There are a few questions your visitors want to know in your about me page that you should address.
1. Who are you?
2. Your expertise and how it addresses to them
3. Their problem or goal
4. How they can contact you
A quick sample about me page would be like this…
Hi my name is Jane Doe and I am a work at home mother of 5 wonderful years. (Who you are) I am the writer of JaneDoe’s Site which helps bring new moms into knowing nothing about internet marketing into a successful entrepreneur. (the reader’s problem or goal) I started JaneDoe’s blog in 2007 (shows Jane’s experience) to help other mothers where I struggled and had questions when starting my own online business while still managing to have time to take care of household things and be there for my family.(How Jane helps them overcome their problem or achieve their goal) Prior to starting my family I worked as a manager, team building trainer and motivational speaker (Jane’s experience as both a business person and a mom). To contact me please XXX (Email address,facebook,twitter or any other social networks you keep up with).
The most viewed page on any blog or even website more often then not is your about me page. When new readers come to your site for the first time they want to get to know you and get a feeling for who you are and why they should care to listen to what you have to say.
Why have an about me page?
There are many advantages to having an about me page that you should consider.
Engagement – The key to making money online is getting your face out there and getting people to remember you and associate you with success. Your about me page allows you to engage with people on a more personal level and allow them to get to know a bit more about you. This helps greatly when building a trusting relationship compared to a blogger that chooses to stay anonymous.
Point out your key posts – This is a perfect time to recommend to your new readers some of your most popular blog posts.
Key Points for your about me page
- Your photo
- Blog objectives – what your blog aims to teach its readers
- Introduction about yourself
- Your contact details – the most important you want to engage with your readers
Other Factors To Keep In Mind
- Privacy – If your running adsense this is a must but its always good to have it on any web sites. Try WP Policies to add this and other common pages to protect your investment.
- Keep It To The Point – Keep your about me page simple and to the point. Do not ramble on, point out key information only
- Make It Stand Out – Make sure your about me page is visible at all times along with your contact information. Don’t make your readers hunt for your information.
This is just a short guide to writing your about me page. While it may not cover everything it will get you started in the right direction. I would love to hear about how you structured your about me pages and what you include or don’t include. If your really proud of it please feel free to link to it.