How can I get more twitter followers?
There are a number of ways to do this depending on what strategy or strategies you want to use. There are numerous websites and software programs that also claim to get you more followers quickly. In this post I will go over all of the methods I have used.
Before we get into the guts of this post be sure to follow me on twitter at Sean Supplee I will return the favor within 72 hours.
Everyday Things You Can Do
- Own a blog? Place a twitter icon somewhere on it linking to your profile page
- Own a blog part two Add a retweet image at the bottom of each post or if you have your own wordpress blog install the plugin Tweetmeme you will see this on all my blog posts in the top right. Please retweet this post if you find it helpful.
- Add your twitter url in the signature of your emails
- Add your twitter url in the signature of forums
- Add your twitter url when commenting on other blogs
- Join social networking sites. Many will allow you to add your twitter account as a form of contact for other members.
Mass Following 100 + Daily
Twitter now has a limit on the amount of people you can follow however this is one method you can use to gain hundreds of followers each day.
Follow these steps
- Go to twellow.com and find a popular name in your niche
- Visit this persons profile and click on followers (top right)
- This new page will show in order the most recent people that are following this person. Simply click on the little person with a + sign to add them.
- Continue this until you max out for the day on twitter
- Wait 24 – 48 hours for these people to follow you back
- Visit Twitter Karma to quickly sort out who followed you back and who did not. You can organize and click on bulk unfollow.
This entire process takes some man hours behind it to keep it running efficiently. If you would like to use a software program that does it for you I recommend you read my review of Hummingbird.
There are a number of sites out there that have a downline builder feel to them. They work only if you can get people in to promote them to others they know. The one I have used with some success is called Twitter List Builder. It is free to join but in order to gain more followers you need to spread the word about the site via your referral link. If you have a list to promote this could be a good way of getting a few hundred followers.
These are sites used to automate processes like sending a direct message to people that follow you or if someone follows you the system automatically follows them back. To me I look at these programs as like an automated spam bot. They lack personality and giving your twitter followers any type of connection with you. In fact some people that I have talked to are turned off by this. However with all that said it is still an option. I have done some research and found the best possible program for this called social oomph. (Please note this is an affiliate link in which I will earn commissions from. This disclaimer is to abide by the FTC rules. Researching products and giving out recommendations such as this allows me to continue to build solid informational posts such as this.)0