Blogging still provides a valuable addition to any website. However the old methods that where once used now have been changed by such factors as social networking, Google SEO updates/changes and more. There are 6 key points to make any blog a success and they are…
1. Create Only Expert-Generated Content – Always post your best content, helpful information that gives people answers to their questions and gets them results. Doing so will boost your overall trust ranking and get people coming back for more. There are a number of ways doing this however by using experts in your business and/or hiring someone to come in and post a guest post about what they do is sure to land you great results and information.
2. Make Regular Updates – Post often but make your post of quality content. The fastest way to kill a blog is by never updating it, or on the other day over updating it. Figure out a time set up of when you will be posting, every 3 days once a week etc. then stick to it.
3. Focus on Social Media Engagement – Whenever possible make it as easy as possible to allow your visitors to share your information. For example blogs or membership websites a visitors should be able to have easy to access buttons to like, stumble or tweet about your post. On top of that with images they should be able to easily follow you on pinterest and other picture networks to spread your information and content virally.
4. List Building – I always stress the fact that everyone serious about running a business online or making money online should be building their list. Doing so allows you to contact people again and return them to your website or sell the like products or services for commission or for a repeat sale for your business. A program I have used on my wordpress blog with great success over the last year is called popup domination and you can read my review on it by visiting Popup domination review.
5. Monitor user-generated content – With any type of social engagement it is important to motivate your visitors to leave their input both negative and positive. However you should always review this user generated content before it is posted so you can make sure only relevant information is presented. With any wordpress blog I highly recommend you turn on and activate Akismet which will monitor your comments for spam. One of my blogs I did not activate this and ended up landing well over 5,000 junk comments in a single month! A good mix of positive and argumentative comments should be welcome as it will prompt more interaction from your visitors.
6. Manage Promotional Activities – To give your blog a bump once in a while you can consider running contests. These contest can be as simple as leaving a valuable comment on your blog post or sharing your post with others. Giving points based on an action taken and then running a drawing at the end of the week or month for prizes. It’s a good way to get people to engage in your information and build a reputation. Authority blogs take a great deal of time and dedication to achieve.0