2013 is hot with social networks and business have flooded the market to get there share of members to come to their business. Here is a list of 6 main networks and marketing tactics to look out for this year.
1. Yahoo! – Yup Yahoo is starting to make a come back and with new CEO Marissa Mayer the company is being totally rebuilt. Her main targets for the company are improving its search function, rebuilding their email service and also improving Flickr.
2. Say Bye Bye Facebook? – This very well could happen in the near future. Remember how popular MySpace was till Facebook came around? Well Facebook is now being taken out by multiple social networks. But smaller ones built around niches. With forced formatting, surprise privacy setting changes that continue to upset users and the all to often increase of ads and ways to buy this and that off of Facebook to try to increase their share prices you see many members leaving and using other means to communicate.
3. Content is king and will always remain king (QUALITY CONTENT THAT IS) – Google continues to update their algorithm and these changes are really bashing sites with duplicate content, bad back linking techniques and more. With all that being said just use common sense like we all should have and write content that’s unique, people love to read, comment on and share with others. Follow these rules and you can’t go wrong.
4. QR codes are killin it! – QR codes or quick response codes are seen all over everything we buy or look at in the store. With more people using tablets and smart phones whenever you want information quickly about a product they will have this code and link you directly to their site. This is a great strategy that company’s have been using to get more branding and traffic to their sites by placing it on the products they deliver.
5. Whats Your Location? – With more apps and Google now pushing location marketing, having your business listed is very important. Just by listing your business with Google you can gain exposure for your store, restaurant or whatever business you might be running.
6. Nothing is ever the same – The world we know it continues to change. It changes so fast that sometimes when you blink a new product is already replacing yours with better this and that. With new companies and new ideas coming into the online marketing world all the time it’s safe to say you better keep on your toes and keep up with it or you company could quickly lose profits. Digital marketing is one of the smartest investments you can have in your business and a dedicated team that says on top of this will do your company wonders.