Traffic generation should always be the first thing on your mind when you are trying to make money online. Weather you own your own website or are an affiliate of others websites, traffic generation is key to building a larger list and ultimately more profits. What many people get hung up on is only using one traffic method and then beating that traffic method dry and wondering why their results will not increase. This is why you should use more then one traffic method and spend the time learning each one and becoming a pro at them.
Here is a list of 17 traffic building methods
- Write high quality articles that help people and link back to your pages for even more information. By helping someone with their top most common question about a niche and then recommending your site to them to find out more information about that niche your clickthru rates will be high and most likely your conversion rates.
- Hold a contest and give something of value away (people love cash *gift cards*) allow them an entry for performing actions such as leaving a comment on your post, liking your fan page and other creative ideas.
- Add your sites, posts and pages to link directories, article directories and pages such as Squidoo, Hubpages, Info barrel and others.
- Social media is all the rave so tap into it! Facebook fan pages with a call to action to like your page, add images of your business at events etc to Flickr, Create mystery and call to action tweets that get click thrus.
- Answer questions related to your niche on Yahoo answers
- Join Niche related forums and add value to the community. Many allow you to add a signature to your posts, include a link back to your site there.
- Guest blogging, has to be one of the most powerful forms of building a reputation and traffic to your sites. Please contact me if you are interested in writing one here at my blog.
- Article marketing on sites such as Blazing Articles, Ezine Articles and Go articles
- Create videos and add them to sites like Youtube, Atom, Blip.tv and 5 min
- Social bookmarking (is not as popular as it once was but still holds its ground) Stumble upon and digg
- Blogger? Use sites like Blog Engage, Blog Interact, Blokube and Bizsugar
- Create PDF’s and other type files to add on sites like Scribd and Docstoc
- Be the first to know when a new post goes live so you have a good chance at commenting first try Comment Notifier
- Write a press release and add it to PR
- Have something cool and unique, try getting it posted and reviewed at sites such as Cool site of the day
- Have a site which updates content ever few days or more often? Ping it on Pingler and Pingomatic
- Last but not least offer something of value with the option of it being easily shared by that visitor all over the web. Viral marketing is key to building a fast presence online.